Even if spring has been slow to bloom, summer will be here before we know it, and summer means multiple professional development opportunities from June through August!
The Belin-Blank Center offers one-hour workshops on campus, as well as online; each workshop targets a specific topic, allowing you to develop skills and knowledge in the things that you, your students, and your district need the most. All workshops apply to the State of Iowa Talented and Gifted Endorsement, and all reflect national standards in gifted education.
AP* Teacher Training Institute (APTTI) — the only AP* Institute in Iowa officially endorsed by the College Board* Advanced Placement Program.* APTTI provides teachers a 30-hour program of comprehensive preparation for developing and teaching an AP* course.
Who Should Attend
• Teachers and administrators wishing to learn how to establish AP* programs and strengthen core curriculum at their local schools or school districts;
• Current AP* teachers and teachers who want to learn to teach courses in one of the content areas:
• AP Calculus AB/BC
• AP Chemistry—course revisions 2013–14
• AP English Language & Composition
• AP English Literature & Composition
• AP Spanish—course revisions 2013–14
• AP U.S. History—course revisions 2014–15
• AP Psychology
• AP Physics—course revisions 2014–15
• AP Japanese**
• AP Chinese**
** These workshops are being held in coordination with the University of Iowa’s World Languages Institute.
Iowa teachers are eligible to apply for a grant to cover some costs associated with attending APTTI.
*College Board, AP, Advanced Placement Program and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.