Governor Branstad has declared October 18-24 Gifted Education Week in Iowa in conjunction with the Iowa Talented and Gifted Association Annual Conference. This year’s ITAG conference will be held in Des Moines, Iowa on October 19-20, 2015 and is focused on the theme of “The Core Challenge: Building Options and Breaking Barriers”. IOAPA and the Belin-Blank Center are excited to share ways that the Belin-Blank Center rises up to the Core Challenge, and have several presentations related to this theme. Check out our presentation topics below (IOAPA presentations are marked with an *). We hope to see you there!
- *Comparing Advanced Placement, Concurrent Enrollment, and PSEO for Iowa Students (Iowa C)
- Academic Acceleration: Influencing Perceptions through Exposure (Boardroom 1 & 2)
- Building Options with the Belin-Blank Center (Ballroom South)
- *I Have an IOAPA Student…Now What? (Iowa C)
- A Teacher’s Guide to Twice Exceptionality (Ballroom South)
- Acceleration and STEM: Evidence Trumps Excuses for Holding Students Back (Iowa E)