Welcome back to Iowa Online AP Academy courses for Spring 2016! Below are important dates to keep in mind for this semester.
- Spring semester begins January 4, 2016 and ends May 6, 2016.
- AP exams are scheduled for May 2-6 and May 9-13 (check out the exam schedule here).
This is a good time to review some resources and support for IOAPA mentors:
- AP Central (http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/home)
- ALVS AP Resources: This document provides information about policies, suggestions for site coordinators, and tools for mentors in order to ensure student success. For resources for AP students, check out ALVS Student Resources.
- Professional Development at APTTI (http://www2.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/Educators/APTTI/)
- IOAPA Handbook (http://www2.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/students/ioapa/docs/IOAPA_Handbook.pdf)
Although the semester is just beginning, now is the time to note these dates and begin thinking about whether taking AP exams is right for your students. In future weeks, we’ll have more information about AP exams and upcoming Iowa Online AP Academy projects—stay tuned!
To learn more about the Iowa Online AP Academy, visit belinblank.org/ioapa.