It’s time to think about your own personal learning opportunities! You don’t have to travel long distances to take courses in gifted education. Consider taking an online course this summer through the Belin-Blank Center!
- Gender Issues and Giftedness
- Perfectionism and High-Ability Learners
- Cognitive and Affective Needs of Gifted Students
- Counseling and Psychological Needs of the Gifted
- Math Programming for High Ability Students
- Differentiation at the Secondary Level
More information is available at http://www2.education.uiowa.edu/belinblank/Educators/Courses/Schedule.aspx. Also see the links on the same page at the right: General Information and Register. You should register as a University of Iowa Continuing Education student (no cost to register).
There are also numerous face-to-face educational opportunities for teachers at the Belin-Blank Center, if you’d like to plan a trip to Iowa City. Housing is available on campus.
Whatever your schedule, the Belin-Blank Center has an opportunity for professional development to match!