We know there are a lot of dates and deadlines related to IOAPA and AP courses. Keep this post handy as a convenient reminder of the most important dates for the 2017-2018 school year.
- September 15, 2017: Last day to drop IOAPA courses without being assessed a $350 drop fee. (Note: Per the IOAPA drop policy, these fees are waived for students in middle school and computer science courses.)
- October 1, 2017: Preferred date by which AP Computer Science Principles teachers should submit AP Course Audit materials to ensure access to the Digital Portfolio. Visit the College Board website for more information on the AP Course Audit as it applies to AP Computer Science Principles.
- October 15, 2017: Preferred date by which AP Course Audit materials should be submitted for previously authorized courses to be renewed for the 2017-2018 school year.
- November 1, 2017: IOAPA spring registration opens. Mark this date in bright red, as we expect spring enrollment to fill quickly!
- December 15, 2017: IOAPA fall classes end.
- January 8, 2018: IOAPA spring courses begin.
- January 26, 2018: Last day to drop IOAPA spring high school courses without being assessed a $350 drop fee.
- January 31, 2018: Deadline for submission of AP Course Audit materials for new courses (i.e., courses that have not been offered by your school prior to 2017-2018).
- February 23, 2018: Deadline for submitting testing accommodations requests for students with disabilities who plan to take AP Exams. See our post about the changes to this process that took effect in January 2017.
- March 30, 2018: Priority deadline to order 2018 AP Exams.
- April 30, 2018: Deadline for submitting Performance Tasks for AP Computer Science Principles students.
- May 7-18, 2018: AP Exams are administered. A complete schedule of exam dates is available on the College Board website.
Important College Board deadlines can be found on the AP Central website, and important IOAPA dates can be found on our website. Follow IOAPA on Twitter @belinblankIOAPA for reminders about deadlines, as well as other useful information to support mentors and students.