Early in the semester, it can be challenging to know how best to get started with IOAPA courses. We’ve put together step-by-step instructions to help anyone who may be struggling to get started. We’d also recommend saving this post for future reference, as it will be useful at the start of each semester.
- Register your students through IOAPA.
- Look for an email from Edhesive containing specific instructions on setting up your Teacher account and familiarizing yourself with the course materials.
- NOTE: If the person who registered the students is not the person who will be mentoring the course, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com explaining the situation. Be sure to include your name, email, and school name. If you know the Section Token assigned to the course(s) you intend to mentor, include that as well.
- After you have created and logged into your Teacher account, visit the Help section and click through the Support materials. You may especially want to look at the suggestions regarding course pacing in the “Customizing YOUR Course” section.
- We strongly recommend viewing all the support materials, as they are full of information that will maximize your students’ success with Edhesive courses.
- Visit the Teacher Forum and set up your Piazza account. See this post for more information on using the Teacher Forum.
- Send the step-by-step instructions for enrolling AND the Section Token (both included in the original email from Edhesive) to the registered students so they can enroll themselves in your section of the course.
- Verify with students that they are enrolled and can access the course. Return to your Edhesive teacher account and visit the gradebook to ensure that you can see enrolled students’ progress.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Other useful sources of information related to IOAPA Computer Science courses include the Edhesive Teacher Forum, the Edhesive blog, our IOAPA Twitter account (@belinblankIOAPA), and the Edhesive Twitter account (@TeamEdhesive). Keep following our blog to stay up to date on all things IOAPA!