If you or your child have talent in a particular domain, please consider this request from our partners in the Michaelson Lab.
We are seeking research volunteers who can partner with us to better understand the strengths and concerns of exceptionally talented individuals.
If you (or your child) meet any of the below criteria, regardless of any other diagnosis you may have, we want you to participate:
- have participated in accelerated coursework in school
- have skipped a grade
- have competed for admission into talent development program for art, music, dance, or writing
- have competed for admission into talent development program for math, science, or engineering
- earned or recruited for an athletic scholarship at the collegiate level
- a clinically assessed IQ > 90th percentile (120 or above)
- scored 29 or higher on the ACT
- scored 1300 or higher on the SAT
We are also eager to have your family members participate in this research if they are available. Participation will involve answering surveys about your mental health and creative strengths and talents, and potentially: 1) donating saliva for genetic research 2) participating in an MRI session (brain scan).
Participants who complete online enrollment and return a saliva kit will receive a $20 Amazon gift card. Additional compensation for follow-up studies (e.g., the MRI scan) is also available.