IOAPA offers AP exam scholarships for low-income students completing courses through our program. Applications for this opportunity are currently open, and we want to encourage you to apply if you have eligible students. The application deadline for this funding is March 17, 2023. Please click here for access to this online application.
- Students who qualify for the free/reduced-cost lunch program will receive preference. Low-income students not meeting FRL guidelines will be considered if funding is still available.
- Low-income students in non-rural schools will be considered if funding is available.
- Students must be enrolled in an IOAPA Advanced Placement course during the 2022-2023 school year. Preference will be given to students in AP courses that start in the spring semester. Students taking academic year courses will be considered if funding is still available.
- Funding must be used for the exam associated with the IOAPA course the student is taking during the 2022-2023 school year, not a different exam.
- Funding is limited. Not all eligible students may receive funding.
- The per-exam cost for the 2022-23 school year is $62 for students eligible for free/reduced-cost lunch. Schools should plan to pay the $62 per student to the College Board. Schools with students who receive this scholarship should plan to submit an invoice to the Belin-Blank Center after students have taken the AP exams, along with documentation showing they have paid the College Board for these students’ exams by June 1st, 2023. There will be no reimbursement if a student does not take the exam.
- Funding is limited to only one AP exam per student.
- The purpose of this funding is to increase the number of students taking AP exams from rural schools in Iowa. If schools are already paying for AP exams, they should not request this funding.
- The deadline for submitting applications is March 17, 2023.
- Awards will be announced by March 24, 2023.
Iowa Online AP Academy (IOAPA) is a partnership between the Belin-Blank Center and the State of Iowa to provide free access to 30 advanced online courses for Iowa students. This program is for Iowa students who would otherwise be unable to find these courses offered in their school district and therefore reduces geographic and resource-related barriers to success. IOAPA classes include Advanced Placement® courses for high school students as well as high school-level courses for eligible middle school students. Keep an eye out for information about our upcoming fall enrollment period.
As always, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.