This summer, the University of Iowa’s Belin-Blank Center will be hosting an online Advanced Placement® Summer Institute (APSI). (formerly known as the AP Teacher Training Institute or APTTI). APSI is designed for teachers who want to learn to teach AP® courses, current AP® teachers, and educators who wish to strengthen their school’s core curriculum. The event will take place June 28 – July 2, 2021, and all courses will be offered fully online. Check out our website for more information and registration details.
The College Board offers the following two scholarships that support teachers in attending an APSI. Both applications are open now and are due February 17, 2021:
- AP® Fellows Program: For teachers at schools serving majority underrepresented minority and/or low-income students
- Scholarship Amount: $1,000 – for cost of tuition and lab fees (when applicable)
- AP® Rural Fellows Program: For teachers at schools serving rural areas
- Scholarship Amount: $1,500 – for cost of tuition and lab fees (when applicable)
Another funding opportunity is the AP® Summer Institution Grant, offered by the Belin-Blank Center’s Iowa Online AP® Academy. More information and a link to the application can be found here, under the heading “Financial Aid”. The deadline to complete this grant application is June 1, 2021.
- AP® Summer Institution Grant: For Iowa-licensed middle school or high school teachers
- Award Amount: $450 – for cost of tuition plus funding for materials (when applicable)